Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Self portraits

I have been following vlogs of some professional portrait photographrs for some time now and I am really amazed at the different techniques they use and the scope of individuality there is in shooting a portrait.
Guys, check out dom bower vlogs on youtube.
However, for an awesome portrait an external flash is absolutely necessary as the worst place for a flash is on top of the camera where the default one is put. But, as I started looking for flashes(or speedlights for Nikon), I came to know that they are insanely expensive.(INR 35K for one and I need 3 of them at least :( ).
Before I spend that kinda money on flashes and stuff, I thought I will first try out some of my ideas and see if they are possible. So, with a Nokia N73 for flash, and my D60 on a tripod I started clicking a series of self portraits. The following snaps were the one which came out pretty good considering the light source and considering that the shutter was a whopping 1 sec(to sync with the cell flash). Please leave comments on what you think.. :)



1 comment:

  1. Hey Sayu, I never knew this side of Sayu :) The pics are truely amazing. You better seriously think about your profession :)

    ReplyDelete